Hey there, HR superheroes! Today, we're talking about one of the biggest headaches in the business world: finding the right person for the job. It's like trying to find a needle in a haystack, except the haystack is filled with people who are lying about their qualifications.
So why would a company choose to outsource their recruiting process? Simple. It's efficient. When you outsource your recruiting, you don't have to worry about sifting through thousands of resumes, scheduling interviews, and checking references. You leave all that to the experts and focus on what you do best. And what do you do best, you ask? Well, that's up to you, but I'm guessing it involves making money and being a damn boss.Let's talk about some of the options you have and their pros and cons.
If you're looking for top-tier talent, headhunters can seem like superheroes. Many of them are well-connected and are able to hook you up with some seriously skilled candidates.
- May have access to top-tier talent who might not be actively seeking a job
- Experienced headhunters are experts at finding candidates with specific skill sets
- They'll pre-screen candidates for you, saving you time and energy
- They might not know your company culture as well as you do, which can lead to a bad fit
- It can take a while to find the perfect candidate
- The best ones are eye-wateringly expensive, and because they charge a percentage of your hire's salary they aren't exactly in alignment financially with your company
Job boards are like the dating apps of the business world. You can post a job and have a ton of people swipe right on it.
- You can access a massive pool of candidates
- It's relatively quick and cheap to list a job on most boards
- Once posted, you can manage most of the process completely online - even from your phone
Remember what I said earlier about "people who are lying about their qualifications?" If you have a way to figure out which ones are telling the truth without talking to every single one of them, let me know so we can partner up and make a few billion selling the solution to Indeed or something.
Recruiting/Talent Acquisition Agencies
Think of these guys as the all-in-one package. They're like Goldilocks if Goldilocks was a corporation that specializes in finding you talent and not some kid who has a thing for breaking and entering and helping herself to food that isn't hers.
- They can handle the entire recruiting process for you.
- Like headhunters, they're usually pretty good at finding people who aren't actively looking for work (and they cost way less by comparison)
- They can manage job posts and screen applicants so you don't have to worry about the whole "haystack" problem.
I suppose that last bit doesn't really require much more of a conclusion. For 90% of companies out there, an agency is probably your best bet when it comes to getting help with a bunch of hires without breaking the bank. If that's the kind of help you're in the market for, Hoops HR's team of recruiting superheroes is here to help. Schedule a meeting with us today to learn more!